2019 will see the launch of our 10@10 office based exercise programme, 10 minute exercises at 10am aiming to help people become more active in the workplace.
- Sit tall with the shoulders relaxed and the feet square on the floor, with your knees in line with your ankles.
- Ensure all movements are slow and controlled.
- Do not make any fast or jerking movements.
- Only move within your bodies own limits, do not overreach.
- You may need to start off with lower repetitions and build up.
Close your eyes, take 5 deep breaths and you’re ready to begin!
- Slowly turn your face towards the left and then slowly to the right, keeping your body still and upright. Repeat 8 times.
- Facing forward slowly lower chin towards your chest and then return to the starting position. Repeat 8 times.
- Facing forward, slowly lower your left ear towards your left shoulder and then slowly lower your right ear towards your right shoulder. Keep your body still and upright. Repeat 8 times.
- Slowly lift your shoulders towards your ears and return to the starting point. Repeat 8 times.
- Placing your arms loosely by your side, slowly rotate the shoulders backwards. Repeat 8 times. Then repeat the rotation forwards 8 times.
- Slowly rotate the arms in large circles backwards. Repeat 8 times. Then repeat forwards 8 times.
- Stretch the arms above your head, palms facing forward. Slowly bring the elbows down sideways so that they are in line with your shoulder, push back up to the starting position. Repeat 8 times.
- Stretch the arms above the head, palms facing forwards. Slowly lower your arms forwards, rounding out your back and dropping your chin to your chest. Slowly return to the starting position. Repeat 8 times.
- Sit upright holding onto the back legs of your chair. Slowly push the chest out and hold for 5 seconds. You should feel a gentle stretch in your shoulders and chest. Repeat 3 times.
- Tuck the elbows into the side of the body and place the hands into fists in line with your shoulders. Slowly lower one arm and then swap sides, so one arm is moving downwards as the other is moving upwards. Repeat 10 times.
With thanks to the award winning